Google has officially launched a new program called Multiple Customer Management (MCM) that fully replaces the current module Scaled Partner Management (SPM) in July 2021.
What are the main benefits of this change?
Ad Manager publishers can earn revenue with the help of third-party providers who can consult, represent, and manage networks or inventory on their behalf.
You can delegate management of your Ad Manager network to a third-party publisher upon request. This establishes a parent-child relationship, where the network that requested access is the “parent publisher”, and the network that has granted them access is the “child publisher.”
There are two delegation types of MCM:
- Manage account allows ad networks to directly manage the publisher’s Inventory from their Ad Manager account. Ad network partners have access to all ad settings of their publishing partners.
- Manage Inventory allows ad networks to directly manage the publisher’s Inventory from their Ad Manager account. Ad network partners have access to all ad settings of their publishing partners.
More info on the main differences between the two types can be found here.
Will you be included in the MCM automatically?
The answer is NO. All Google partners using SPM must qualify for the new MCM program. If they don’t meet the requirements they will be unable to use their current monetization model.
Publishers, who work with partners under SPM model need to migrate to the new MCM model to continue using AdExchange.
If your SPM partner does not qualify for MCM, your ads under SPM models will stop displaying and most probably you will experience a drop in your ad revenue. Therefore, you should be looking for a new Google partner with the access to ADM 360 with MCM.
Ask your current partner for more information.
FatChilli has already joined the MCM program
If you are a publisher partner of FatChilli, your Account Manager will give you all the information concerning migration and help you step by step to the new ecosystem. No need to worry, as the transition itself is not a difficult process.
As a FatChilli partner you can get access to ADM 360 based on your actual usage:
- Publishers who aren’t using direct orders – no access to ADM 360, inventory is fully managed by FatChilli
- Publishers with a small number of third-party ads – your Account Manager will help you to set up your campaigns.
- Publishers who manage many direct campaigns on their side – you can get access to FatChilli ADM 360 –
- Large publishers who need direct access to DoubleClick AdExchange for direct programmatic deals with agencies – contact your Account manager for more information about the access to “Sales” tab in ADM 360
For more information on the services above please contact your FatChill account manager.
Google partners who haven’t qualified for MCM, contact FatChilli to use our MCM program to prevent ending the monetization of your managed inventory.